Are you a Highly Trained Swim Instructor?
Would you like to work for a successful family run swim school that has created miracles in people’s lives for the last 40 years in San Jose? If yes, please read on! We offer private accelerated (1 on 1) lessons for all ages & all levels. Teaching 1 on 1 is amazing because you get to create a strong rapport with 1 student at a time and they learn 10 times as fast as they do in a group!
1 on 1 lessons are so much easier and rewarding than group lessons! This is ideal for someone who has a passion for working with children, loves swimming, working outdoors and loves making a difference in people’s lives.
Required trainings/ knowledge
- CPR/ AED
- Swim Team Experience
- Previous Swim Instructor Experience
- Proficient to advanced in freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, & butterfly
- Can create excellent rapport with students & parents of diverse backgrounds
Preferred Trainings/ knowledge
- WSI (water safety instructor)
- Lifeguard training (ideal)
- Experience teaching various ages and levels (beg to advanced), including adults & swim team level.
- Knows all 6 strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, sidestroke, and elementary backstroke).
- Experience working with special needs
Dates: June 15th-Aug 7th. Mostly Mon- Thurs and 1 Friday
(includes a 1-week break for 4th of July during the week of June 29th)
Location & Time: San Jose -2:50-7:10pm (Part-time) & other opportunities to pick up more hrs if desired. Lessons happen in private homes/pools in San Jose in Almaden & Blossom Valley. Addresses on website.
Part-time openings: 2:50-7:10pm
Pay: Competitive Pay and depends on experience. Please contact us to find out.
*Minimum age is ideally entering senior year of high school, in college or older. If you are a mature Junior, feel free to apply. Even if you don’t meet all the required training, but you are close, please send Jaynie Farnsworth your resume & 2 references via email to apply ( exs. boss, manager, teacher, coach, or mentor) to set up an interview via zoom.
Please contact Jaynie Farnsworth, CEO at (415) 672-0219 or email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Check out our youtube video on what teaching swimming at the Farnsworth Swim School looks like!