I hope that everyone is staying safe and protecting themselves and their loved ones throughout this painful and trying time on the planet right now with the pandemic COVID-19. I know many of us have questions, fears, and uncertainties about our health, safety and overall next steps of our lives in general. My heart goes out to everyone right now and you are in my thoughts and prayers! This global pandemic is real and it’s hard not to feel overwhelmed, afraid and confused.
As of right now, we are moving forward with our 2020 swim season while taking into account CDC guidelines for proper health and safety of all swim families, team members and our pool facilities. We will keep you posted and updated WEEKLY. Please stay on the mailing list to receive updates.
On a POSITIVE NOTE…..regarding Farnsworth swim school in the face of COVID-19 and staying SAFE and HEALTHY:
- According to the CDC, proper amounts of chlorine kills the coronavirus!!
- There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs removes or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html
- We will be adding ADDITIONAL amounts of CHLORINE to the salt pool in Almaden to ENSURE the SAFETY of everyone that is in accordance with the mandates of what the CDC deems as safe.
- The Blossom Valley Pool is already chlorinated properly.
- Swimming and learning create inner RESILIENCE!
- We are a private pool/ home that is not exposed to the public, so we are already cleaner & safer than a public/ community pool.
- Because we are a private pool, we obviously have dramatically less people coming through.
- All LESSONS are 1 on 1 & the maximum students in the pool is 3.
(3 concurrent classes and 1:1 teacher to student ratio) This is much SAFER than group lessons!!
- Lessons don’t start until June, so we have time to learn more about the virus & how to optimize our health and safety. Hopefully, we’ll be on the other side of this by June!!
- Let’s face it… by June we are going to be ready to swim, move the body and exercise in service of improving our health, wellness and sanity! Of course, we will take appropriate measures to REGULARLY and EFFICIENTLY CLEAN the areas in and around the pool with proper sanitation in accordance with the CDC guidelines. We will also regularly check the ph and chlorine levels at both pools.We will ask people to come showered & clean, wash their hands before & after entering the pool, wear pool shoes to and from the pool, come with a clean towel and clean swimsuit. If you’re sick, please stay home and take care of yourself as you would do anyway. We always make other arrangements for people who are sick or have emergencies. Please contact Jaynie &/ or Christina with immediate questions or concerns (415) 672-0219 or email@example.com. We look forward to being on the other side of this and having a good spring and summer!
In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy everyone! We can’t shelter our hearts from hope and love. BREATHE and take good care of yourself and others. Let’s transform this panic into HOPE and COURAGE for a positive future for our families!